Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Silence, Dummies and Books

Well, hello loves! I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season (minus the economy doom and gloom). I’ve received a few emails from readers asking why I’ve stopped writing my “semi-daily” blogs. Well I apologize for my silence, but life caught up with me very quickly and a few days turned into a few weeks. I feel as though I’m being pushed forward at a rapid speed and I haven’t had a chance to slow down at all. Much like those crash test dummies that test the safety of cars in accidents.

This upcoming Thursday is the next meeting for Reading Under the Influence - very exciting for all you book nerds out there! The selected book is The Red Leather Diary: Reclaiming a Life Through the Pages of a Lost Journal by Lily Koppel. If you want to relive the glamour and art of Manhattan in the early 30’s this is just the read you’re looking for. Ms. Koppel will be joining us on Thursday and I’m ecstatic to hear more about the protagonist Florence Wolfson from her.

Book review coming soon!

No comments: