Monday, November 17, 2008

TrueBlood

There are only a few shows on TV I watch religiously. HBO’s Trueblood is one you can really sink your teeth into (Ok – enough vampire jokes. I know I’m completely lame). It’s deliciously racy, dark, and disturbingly fun! This show makes Anne Rice look like she writes children’s books.

A few of the characters need some work. I’m sure in the next season we will see a vast improvement in Anna Paquin and Ryan Kwanten’s characters as both seem a little awkward. My hat goes off to Nelsan Ellis whose character Lafayette Reynolds is by far the best on the show. What a fantastic personality! The humorous dynamic he creates of the gay man in the backwoods of Louisiana is truly memorable. He’s a cocktail of masculinity stirred with early 90’s thug mixed with a makeup-wearing RuPaul. Oh so fab!

Allow yourself to become immersed in Bon Temps, LA and enjoy this “interview with Mr. Lafayette.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Lafayette! He's probably my favorite character because he's got so much depth! He's not JUST a gay character, you know? On today's television's shows it's so easy for gay characters to be typecast, but he has lots of facets and I'm sure there are still more to come with him next season!